latex casting

Thanks to all who answered my Paleoworld question. Now I can start watching
again.

Next problem...not dinosaur-related, exactly, but having to do with paleo
lab techniques.  I recently collected some shale specimens with some quite
detailed impressions of (invertebrate) fossils. I thought it would be quite
interesting to make positive images by making a cast with latex rubber or
some such material. Not being a professional, I don't yet how to do it
right.  Can anyone point me to some detailed instructions and recommend a
source from which to get the casting material?

Again, reply personally. No need to bother the list.

Thanks again.

Bob Sheridan