Re: PLEUROCOELOUS VERTEBRAE IN SAUROPODS

[In the past I've asked Greg to learn how to quote other peoples'
 messages.  Perhaps others could also give him a nudge.  I have no
 idea to whom he might be responding and I certainly don't want to dig
 through past messages to try to find out... -- MR ]

You are confused. Animals thermoregulate! Giant reptiles might be able to be
homeothermic by DELIBERATLEY retaining body heat at night, by minimizing
blood flow to the skin. For giants with high metabolic rates to dump heat is
merely a matter of flushing the skin with blood from the body core and
letting the heat radiate into the cool night sky. Desert elephants up to 11
tonnes do it all the time.

GSPaul