Re: paleontolgist, dinosaur

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Jeff Poling wrote:

>    I don't see how that changes anything.  Pterosaurs were not dinosaurs and
> they were completely wiped out.

Sorry again.  I misunderstood your point (I am a little slow).  Correct
me if I'm wrong, but didn't many/most pterosaur species become extinct
_before_ the K/T?  And isn't accepted that this was probably due to
competition from birds?  My argument has always been that dinosaurs
suffered because of new species being able to exploit them.>