RE: PLEUROCOELOUS VERTEBRAE IN SAUROPODS

It has been known since the 1950s(!) that large tropical mammals and birds
regularly store heat on hot days by allowing body temp to rise as high as
to114(!)F. (The brain is kept cool by countercurrent heat exchangers.) For a
list of the relevant literature see my paper in Modern Geology 1991 16:69-99.
In fact, I would suggest that ALL those involved in this discussion first
read that paper and the references therein before contributing further to
this discussion, which so far has been mainly a combination of nonsense and
lack of basic knowledge of animal thermodynamics.

GSPaul