Baryonyx fishing

You wrote:

>I quite agree that it sounds unlikely Baryonyx swatted fish from the
>water as bears do (the method seems unlikely enough when the bears do
>it!)  But wouldn't those sharp claws and long arms form a natural
>gaff?  (Or am I confusing B. with other theropods?)
>
>Pat

To many people don't either know or forget that the length of the Skull
and neck is much longer than the reach of the arm. IF Baryonyx caught
fish, catching them in it's mouth would have been much eaiser and
faster. The claw wasn't IMHO that much use in catching fish. Also, the
claw is thick, like an allosaurid, not thin to catch fish (of course
this might not mean anything).

Tracy