Re: No dinosaurs in Quebec, Canada?

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
> Actually, this taphonomy is surprisingly common for ankylosaurs. The best
> skeletal material of _Scelidosaurus_, _Niobrarasaurus_,  _Hierosaurus_, and
> the unnamed San Diego nodosaurid come from marine deposits. A decent
> literature search will dredge up many more.

        Is it possible, then, that some of these things spent a lot of
time in water? Something like a hippo, perhaps? Yes, I know, hydrophilic
dinosaurs are very unfashionable, but there's supposed to be an aquatic
ground sloth, too. Another obvious possibility would be that the carcasses
just hold together very well, and that the huge gut held a lot of gas
after death.