Re: Archaeopteryx's birthday

Jeff Poling wrote:

> None of the references I have, including _The Dinosauria_, lists the
> era/stage that Archaeopteryx is associated with.  They merely say "Late
> Jurassic."  Anybody happen to know the era/stage Archie is associated with?

THE DINOSAURIA (pg. 91) lists the French _Compsognathus longipes_ as
Kimmeridgian, and the specimen from the Solnholfen (pg. 92) as
?Kimmeridgian; since _Compsognathus_ and _Archaeopteryx_ were
contemporaneous, I would think that Kimmeridgian would be the appropriate
era for the latter.

Brian Franczak (franczak@ntplx.net)