Re: Dinosaur diversity (was Re: paleontologist, dinosaurs...)

In a message dated 96-11-17 22:15:13 EST,
T.Williams@cclru.randwick.unsw.edu.au (Tim Williams) writes:

<< > ... just hundreds and hundreds of
 > garden-variety dinosaur genera missing from the fossil record. Among these
 > are Jurassic marginocephalians,

 _Chaoyangosaurus_ and a few others still in the _nomina nuda_ stage.

[Lots of real short, staccato phrases snipped out...]

 What's this?? The Jonathan Wagner school of replies to Olshevsky posts??
 :-)

One or two specimens here and there do not a lineage make! Each category of
missing dinosaurs that I mentioned probably comprised 40-50 genera or more,
of which we know fewer than 5-6, most often one or none.