Re: Question after Utahraptor

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:19:05 +1030 Fred Bervoets <fb@nrc.nl> writes:
>I lost the mail but remembered the question so here are the genera
>described "after" Utahraptor
<snip>
<paste>
>22      SONORASAURUS    [Anonymous], 1995

         I had to jump in here - "Sonorasaurus" is a tentative name for
an indeterminate sauropod, probably a brachiosaurid - given by David
Thayer and Ron Ratkevich of the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, the
institution managing the ongoing excavation.

        "In-progress Dinosaur Excavation in the Mid-Cretaceous Turney
Ranch Formation, Southeastern Arizona" - David Thayer & Ronald Ratkevich,
1995, pp. 64-74, _In_ Boaz, Bolander, Dierking, Dornan and Tegowski
(eds.) Fossils of Arizona, Vol 3, Proceedings, Southwest Paleontological
Society, Mesa Southwest Museum, Mesa, Arizona.

         "A Microscopic Look at the Sonorasaurus Site" - Richard Hill,
1996, Abstract, and Supplement Insert,  _In_ Boaz, Dierking, Dornan,
McGeorge and Tegowski (eds.) Fossils of Arizona, Vol 4, Proceedings,
Southwest Paleontological Society, Mesa Southwest Museum, Mesa, Arizona.

          "Dinosaur Remains of Southern Arizona" - Ronald Ratkevich and
David Thayer, 1996 in press,  _In_ Proceedings of Dinofest International,
Philadelphia Academy of Science.

           The Hill paper was presented at the "Fossils of Arizona"
symposium on November 16, 1996, at the Mesa Southwest Museum in Mesa,
Arizona. Ron Ratkevich also presented a brief update on "Sonorasaurus",
with his paper "Small Macro and Large Micro Vertebrate Fossils of the
Fort Crittendon Formation, Southeast Arizona" at the same symposium. They
have determined it is most likely a small brachiosaurid (40-50'), but
they are still looking for more cranial and dentary material to make a
determination if this is a new species.

            Deb Boaz
            SPS Treasurer and Proceedings Editor