Re: Dinosaur Extinction (Again)

From: John Bois <jbois@umd5.umd.edu>

 > My initial challenge was for someone to match extinction hypotheses
 > with the known terrestrial data.

And we are claiming that this is an invalid challenge.

Such a restriction to terrestrial only is artificial and useless.

 > By the way, Archibald tries to do it.  I think he's unsuccessful.

I think he comes very close.

 > OK.  What killed the dinosaurs?

The same thing that killed everything else that died at that time.

How hard a particular group was hit was effectively random, except for
those few groups such as frogs that were immune to whatever the cause
was.

By the way, regarding the 25% extinction in crocodilians:
        were any of the terrestrial crocodilians still around
        at the end of the Cretaceous?

The peace of God be with you.