Re: So long and thanks for all the eggs

From: "Jonathan R. Wagner" <znc14@ttacs1.ttu.edu>

 >     I will never be convinced by Mr. Bois' theory as long as he has no
 > clear explanation for why the radiation of his hypothetical egg-eating
 > mammals...

And I would need evidence for the very *existance* of such a radiation
of egg-eating mammals.

Unless the Lancian mammal faunas are heavily under-sampled (yeah right),
there simply *is* *no* *such* *radiation*.  The Lancian mammalian
faunas were stable over several million years, and only a handful of
new forms, mostly arboreal, show up in the last few hundred thousand
years before the extinction.  A handful of arboreal mammals simply
will not eat that many dinosaur eggs.

[Given that Lancian faunules are consistantly similar in composition
over a wide range of places and times, and given the sheer number of
such faunules, I find it hard to imagine that we have missed all that
many genera of late Lancian mammals].

The peace of God be with you.