So long...

     I think it makes sense that the K-T survivors were more NUMEROUS
than the extincted because it seems like most of the K-T survivors were
relatively small animals of the kind that are more common numerically
today (the bigger you are, the fewer of you there can be).
     Saying "the more successful animals died" is ignoring the fact that
small animals are usually more successful in terms of total numbers.
Bigger is not neccessarily better...do I sense personal feelings of
inadequacy?...Just kidding.  If you kill off the same PERCENTAGE of everybody
in a mass exticntion, for small species this will mean 1) greater
total numbers of survivors, and 2) greater genotypic diversity, compared
to the big animals.  You get the same effect if you kill of the same total
NUMBER of everybody.
     I'm suffering soemwhat in the cladistic debate. so perhaps its best
to take off now.  I'm going home for Thanksgiving, and I'll only have two
weeks before Christmas when I get back, so I probably won't bother to
re-subscribe until January.
     Ta ta!

Little Nekkid Jeff
O-