Re: No dinosaurs in Quebec, Canada? or what???????

Someone recently proposed that we refdo the subject line to fit the
message. We are still using "No dinosaurs in Quebec" for posts a thousand
miles from that subject. Mickey, how about throwing your weight into this
matter. PLEASE (shouting) use a new subject when you change it!!!
        Thanks a million.

[This topic seems to come up (at least with me directly) about once
 every two months.  From my end of things it seems like there's no
 really good solution because some people want to make their decisions
 as to whether or not to read a message based on the assumption that
 the subject line really tells you the subject of the message whereas
 others want to use the subject lines in order to follow threads
 wherever they weave.  I try to stay out of it except in those cases
 where neither of the above parties would be pleased (e.g. when a
 person receiving the digest version replies to a message and the
 subject comes up "Re: digest #75").  If any of you want to weigh in
 here please feel free to write to me directly (I won't continue the
 discussion in public unless somebody comes up with either a new
 reason for a moderator to be more proactive on the issue, or a new
 solution to the problem).  Since I'm here, this seems as good a place
 as any to brace you all for the fact that the list will be changing
 hands, so in the not too distant future you'll be able to take up this
 (and any other issues) with a new person.  The time frame hasn't yet
 been worked out, but I'm hoping for an early Christmas.  Don't worry,
 though, the list will survive, and I expect to stay around as a
 subscriber.  -- MR P.S. Ray, don't you kinda think you oughta have
 changed the subject line of this message a little bit more?]

Diving Dinosaur, Geologist/Oceanographer/Ocean Engineer, 44 years SCUBA
mcallist@gate.net (954) 426-0808, Author Diving Locations, Boynton/Dania