Not _Sinosauropteryx_

    Greetings all,

        I got a chance to talk to Mike Skrepnick on the weekend, and
it would appear that our labelling the "Chinese Feathered Theropod"
as _Sinosauroptryx prima_ is a bit premature. Mike came down on me
pretty hard, stating something to the effect of "the guy who found it
is an invertebrate palaeontologist who has no business naming the
thing" and that the name will probably be changed once the real paper
on it is out. And just when I figured out how to say it too!:-)...

APS on the Web:
        If you're keen to find out a bit about the Alberta
Palaeontological Society, then please check out their net-crany at:
        http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9094/aps.html

Later,
Cory

"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make
it's descision"-Zephram Cochrane

[ Pretty easy thing to say when you're the inventor of the warp drive!
  -- MR ]

*Cory Gross                          *  Ex ignorantia ad    *
*Secretary-MRC Earth Sciences Society*     sapientiam;      *
*Alberta Palaeontological Society    *      E luce ad       *
*gros4891@adc.mtroyal.ab.ca          *      tenebras.       *
********http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9094/index.html********
 Bauhaus*Christian Death*Switchblade Symphony*Nine Inch Nails
        *dead poets, dead animals, and Dead Souls*