Re: Spinosaurus

Tim Williams writes;

>But the spiny ridge of _Spinosaurus_ is so HUGE.  (The spines of
>_Becklespinax_ are not too far behind.)  Such a hump would have been
>enormously top-heavy.  So, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm not too
>keen on a hump- backed _Spinosaurus_.

The presenter was a strong supporter of the quadrepedal-Spinosaurus model,
which (if accurate) would counteract any instability due to the size of the
hump.

Who knows, perhaps Spiny was the Schwartzenagger (sp) of it's day?

Rob Meyerson
Orphan Vertebrate Paleontologist

***
"The Universe is already mad, any addition would be redundant."
        -L.M.