Re: pterosaur origins

James Norton wrote:

>I am interested in learning the current thinking about pterosaur origins,
>their metabolism, their capacity for bipedal locomotion, and their
>relationships to other ornithodirans.  Any references to original or review
>articles would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Could you wait a week and a half? :-)

At this year's meeting of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology, on October
16, there will be a special symposium on Issues and Advances in the Study of
Pterosaurs (conveners: Alex Kellner and Kevin Padian).  All the questions
you mention will be addressed.  A lot of new information on pterosaurs will
be presented.  It looks to be quite interesting.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661

"There are some who call me...  Tim."
-- Tim the Enchanter, "Monty Python and Quest for the Holy Grail"

"Tim?!?  They called me TIM?!?!"
-- me, on seeing the credits to "The Ultimate Guide to T. rex"  :-)