Re: Mongolian dinosaur inspires religion in grad student

In a message dated 96-10-03 17:21:19 EDT, znc14@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Jonathan R.
Wagner) writes (responding to me):

>>  Also, including _Compsognathus_ and therezinosauroids in the same
>> low-level clade is completely absurd. What could >possibly< be the
>> basis for this?
>
>         Aw Jeez.  That clade has been the unanimous result of many
> many runs of the dataset.  I am analysing the data, but all things
> considered, I'd rather not say right now why this is.  Quite
> frankly, I have a little trouble taking your objection seriously
> since you a) believe that therizinosaurs aren't theropods, and b)
> have not provided any evidence to against this (ie. in support of
> another distribution within the clade given (coelurosaurs)).

Well, let this trouble you no longer. Even if therizinosauroids >were<
theropods, I can't see how they could possibly fall into the same low-level
clade with _Compsognathus_. It is difficult to imagine two more dissimilar
dinosaurs! Anyway, I don't want to press the issue, since, as you say, this
is still work in progress.