Re: More on Confuciusornis

At  9:27 AM 96.10.3 -0600, Jonathan R. Wagner wrote:

>        Apart from these, can you recommend a few concise, detailed refs
>(preferably systematics) to help me get a better feel for early avian
>evolution?

Best one is
Luis Chiappe 1995   The first 85 million years of avian evolution  Nature
378 (23/11/95) p 349-355.
This is a review article and covers the Mesozoic history of birds but as
the field is rapidly changing there have been several papers published
since such as Forster et als Enantiornithine from madagascar and Sanz et
als paper on Alulaornis both in nature and have been referred to on this
list ad infinitum.

regards
Paul

Dr. Paul G. Davis
Division of Vertebrate Palaeontology, National Science Museum, 3-23-1
Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 169, Japan.

e-mail davis@kahaku.go.jp
Tel + 81 3 3364 2311
Fax. + 81 3 3364 7104