Bipedal sauropods?

These darn bipedal sauropods have me to ryell'd up to sleep.

This beggers the question, why are there so many pes prints of
sauropods with out manus prints? Because they were walking bipedally. A
far fected notion but I think Emily Giffin is right.

I may have given/helped her with this thought. Last year at the SVP in
Pittsburg we were at the big socal at the Museum. We were standing
close to the Apatosaur skeleton. Some how the topic of tripodal
sauropods came up and I gave her my thoughts on why they couldn't have
stood tripodal and ate from the tops of the trees.

Lets say the Apatosaur has a 20 ft neck, and a 10 ft body that's 30
feet from the hind legs to the tree trunk. Now, if they used their
front feet to hold onto the tree, they would have had to stand tripodal
and 'walk' to the tree trunk to hold on. She said she hadn't thought
about that. Then the conversation went onto other things.

I like the bipedal 'diplodocids' and stegosaurs. If you think about it,
balance wise, I don't think it was a problem. Do I think they stood
tripodal and ate from the top of trees? Yes.

Oh, this is why I love paleontology, new theroies, some good, some bad,
but always gets you thinking.

Now, I'll try and get some sleep.

Tracy