[martz@holly.ColoState.EDU: Re: Questions of Various Kinds]

Sender: Jeffrey Martz <martz@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: Questions of Various Kinds

George Olshevsky wrote:

> > A skull recently identified as that of a North American
> > brachiosaurid (perhaps Brachiosaurus altithorax: K. Carpenter,
> > pers. comm.) from the Morrison Formation differs significantly in
> > morphology from that attributed to Giraffatitan brancai

     If you look at the full skeletal reconstruction of Brontosaurus in
"Marsh's Dinosaurs", I beleive that skull reconstruction there is based on
this specimen.  Based on the teeth, the actual specimen is definitely a
camarosaurid or brachiosaurid.  I can't recall exactly what details led
Ken to beleive it might be _Brachiosaurus_.

LN Jeff