[T.Williams@cclru.randwick.unsw.edu.au: Re: Questions of Various Kinds]

Sender: "Tim Williams" <T.Williams@cclru.randwick.unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Questions of Various Kinds

Jeff Martz wrote:

>      If you look at the full skeletal reconstruction of Brontosaurus in
> "Marsh's Dinosaurs", I beleive that skull reconstruction there is based on
> this specimen.  Based on the teeth, the actual specimen is definitely a
> camarosaurid or brachiosaurid.  I can't recall exactly what details led
> Ken to beleive it might be _Brachiosaurus_.

Cheers.  So this skull belongs either to a camarasaurid or a
brachiosaurid, but it is not that of _Camarasaurus_, so therefore it
may belong to _Brachiosaurus_ - have I got the right idea here?

I recall that Marsh pictured _Brontosaurus_ with a short, blunt snout
- very camarasaurid-like.  But (in Carpenter's eyes) does this skull
really come from _Brachiosaurus_?

Regards

Tim