Re: What is an "active ectotherm"?

In a message dated 96-10-09 20:13:20 EDT, znc14@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Jonathan R.
Wagner) writes:

>  It's all very theoretical, of course, but if you're going to say
> things like "it surely developed in stages" and "over quite a few
> million years", I'd like to hear some back-up.

What "back-up" does >this< need, for crying out loud? Simply consider the
alternative: that a fully endothermic animal developed immediately (within
one generation, or a bit more slowly, within, say one speciation) from a
fully ectothermic one. If you're going to advocate this kind of hog-wild
evolution, I think it's time for >you< to provide the "back-up." Unless, of
course, you adopt the BADD viewpoint, which is, "I don't prefer either
alternative, but if >you're< going to prefer an alternative, >you< back it
up." Pretty progressive, that is. Give me a break already, with this
"back-up" bozoism.