Re: What is an "active ectotherm"?

In a message dated 96-10-09 23:36:33 EDT, GSP1954 writes:

>  That almost all dino trackways were made at speeds above 3-5 mph,
> and many were social and/or migrated, shows that they had higher
> aerobic capacity than living reptiles.

The question is, What does possessing a "higher aerobic capacity than living
reptiles" have to do with endothermy? I certainly agree that dinosaurs had a
higher aerobic capacity than living reptiles, but this is not the same as
being endothermic. Now, it seems likely that a land animal cannot be fully
endothermic without also having a high aerobic capacity; but I don't yet see
an airtight (no pun intended) case for the converse situation, namely, the
impossibility of having a high aerobic capacity without being fully
endothermic.