RE: Bipedal apatosaurs and stegosaurs?

Betty Cunningham writes;

>     I still believe that the sauropods most effective feeding method
>would be for the larger animals to 'walk' up a tree trunk with their
>heavily clawed front feet as stabilizers for the inital placement of the
>front feet on the tree, and then to walk or lean into the tree so as to
>knock it over or at least get it to tip mightily.

The original motivation was smaller neural pathways, which were supposed
to be indicative of less use of the front legs.

Using the front legs to "walk" up a tree trunk strikes me as a highly
coordinated activity which would require at least as much, if not more,
fine motor control.

How well is the neural canal size correlated to activity in modern
animals?

Nathan