Re: Carcharodontosaurus

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Bruce Legg wrote:

> We are students at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, and we
> need information about the significance of the discovery of the
> Carcharodontosaurus.

   From an article on Dinosauria On-Line (full text available there):

"Dr. Mark A. Norell, a paleontologist at the American Museum of Natural
History in New York City, said that the fossils were important because so
little had been known of African dinosaurs in the Cretaceous period and
that they showed that large predatory dinosaurs lived on all the
continents in that period. They had evolved in different ways, but they
were superficially and functionally very much like one another and
probably stemmed from distant common Jurassic ancestors."

** Picture Gallery, and The DML Dinosaur     ** find they have none of    **