Re: flapping from gliding

Gautam Majumdar wrote:

> How feasible is ectothermy for a sudden burst of energy in the
> presence of body feathers ? Feather is one of the best insulators.
> Would it not impede heat flow inwards just as it does for the flow
> outwards ?

     I think these mitochondria work as sort a backup power
supply for short bursts that are not dependant on being powered by
environmental heat.  Or something like that.  Does anyone have this paper
handy and explain exactly how this is supposed to work?  I'll just have
to dig up the paper an re-read it.

LN Jeff