Re: Dino feathers

In a message dated 96-10-16 14:01:20 EDT, gpb6845@msu.oscs.montana.edu
writes:

<< Any ideas as to why all known Compsignathid specimens died in the exact
same
 pose?  That strikes me as very odd.  Also, how many fingers do you see?
 Aside from the feathers, I think that the proper finger count will be the
 most important piece of evidence taken from Sinosauropteryx (how much do I
 hate that name?......). >>

The finger phalanges seem to be scattered nearly hopelessly, though Phil
Currie says it may yet be possible to retrieve the manual digital patterns by
thoroughly examining the part and counterpart slabs.