Re: _Sinosauropteryx_ pictures banned!

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, th81 wrote:

> >   According to the NYT story, Chinese officials have banned publication of
> >the pictures of _Sinosauropteryx_.
> >
> >   Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!
> >
> >   How can those Chinese ..... folks not allow publication of the pictures
> >of such an important find?
> >
> >   Makes me suspicious, somehow......
>
> This would be a damn shame.  The pictures I saw were not of the best
> quality, but I did talk to (interogate!) some of the eyewitnesses.

        ... but still good enough to see the hairlike structure of the
presumed feathers, and even their presence underneath the neck (if one
looks closely. )
        I'd assume it is merely until the official publication in Nature
orScience or whoever- the researcher who brought the pictures did not want
to have any report of the animal in the news until the descriptions were
over with.