Nekkid!

>    Are there any completely nekkid birds?  Elephants and rhinos have thick
> skin as protection ... I'm assuming a nekkid dinosaur would also need to
> protect tender skin, and if not feathers then pebbly, bumpy things.

      Who says they have to be completely nekkid?  Those feathers on an
emus or ostrich body are not going to protect the parts of the body
without feathers.  The neck and head are still pretty much bare.
besides, there are quite a few buck nekkid animals walking around that don't
seem to need scales, feathers, or (much) fur to protect thier tender skin.

LN Jeff
0-