Live birth in mosasaurs

I haven't seen any report here yet of the SVP presentation on "The first
direct evidence of live birth in Mosasauridae . . . " (Bell, Sheldon, Lamb
& Martin).

They have a fossil of the mosasaur Plioplatecarpus which contains two very
small fossils of the same species, and the lack of acid-etching of the
small bones seems to indicate that the babies had not simply been eaten by
the adult.

Perhaps not conclusive -- one of their points is that there are no fossils
of mosasaurs whose stomach contents include conspecifics, but apparently
there are only six known mosasaur fossils with bits of ANY other
recognizable mosasaurs in their stomachs. Not much of a sample. Still, very
interesting!

 Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the Secret Service case
Learn Web or die - http://www.io.com/sjgames/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!
          The heck with PGP keys; finger for Geek Code. Fnord.