Re: OJ Oviraptor

I am not sure whether there are too many eggs in the Oviraptor nests for one
female to have laid, but if there are a thrid alternative to those suggested
by Martz is communal nesting by more than one female. This is practised today
by ostriches, and perhaps rheas but I am not sure. Multiple Oviraptor
specimens have been found lying on top of nests, more than one in the
brooding posture. The eggs contain oviraptor embryoes. The notion that they
were eating the eggs is getting very thin.

GSPaul