"Sue"

I have a question in re your comment that the wounds of dead animals don't
heal nor get infections. Since it is my understanding that hair grows
somewhat after death, why can wounds not heal and infections set in?
I realize I am basing this on a supposition i.e. hair growing after death,
so my question may be moot, but I would offer further that it may not even
have been instantaneous death but a lingering one wherein complex actions
in the body as a whole were still taking place, including healing processes
and infectious invasions.

                                S. M. Moore
                                M. Orradre Library
                                SCU