Re: Pterosaurs walking away from dinosaurs

DPterosaur@aol.com wrote:

8<-------------------------------------snip----------------------------------->8

> Chris Bennett gave a spirited SVP talk discounting, point-by-point, the
> supposed pterosaur/dinosaur connection, covering much of the same territory I
> had shared with this dino forum and other workers in the field (but not
> Chris, I don't think, strangely enough) over a year ago.  Now he's got
> pterosaurs just above Proterosuchians in the archosaur clade, one node away
> from the prolacertilians, where they will eventually find a home.

SIGH!

Yes, but only by PRE-SELECTING characters. As Paul Sereno pointed out,
it is the function of the method to determine which characters are
relevant and which are not!

Neil