Flying fish

Hi, I've been going to sea fdor 50 years and yet have not seen a flying
fish flap "wings". They do start to approach the water surface and scull
with their lower caudal (tail). This often gives them enough speed to
glide for another ten or twenty feet. I wont say they cannot flap but it
seems unlikely given the size of the muscles attached to the base of the
fins.

Diving Dinosaur, Geologist/Oceanographer/Ocean Engineer, 44 years SCUBA
mcallist@gate.net (954) 426-0808, Author Diving Locations, Boynton/Dania