Re: Syntarsus

Dinogeorge wrote:

> Paired cranial crests also appear in the Chinese species _Dilophosaurus
> sinensis_, recently described.

Ahh yes, I forgot about that one.  Its crests are somehwat bulkier
than those of its cousin from Arizona.  But the point still stands.
Among theropods, paired cranial crests are known only for
coelophysoid species (two Dilophosaurus species, one Syntarsus
species), so I'd be surprised if it wasn't a synapomorphy for a
clade within the Ceratosauria.