Re: dinosaur inspiration

Rob Meyerson wrote:

> I concentrate on the theropods for one reason, if we can determine the
> metabolism of the predators, we can safely assume a similar metabolism
> for the herbivores.

       I might also point out that endothermy developed in somewhere in
the theropod dinosaur lieage.  WHether or not this occured in birds, a
particular small theropod lineage, theropods as a whole, or dinosaurs as
a whole (I even recall someone suggecting Archosaurs as a whole, with
crocodilians being secondarily ectothermic) is open to debate.  However,
it is still possible that there was a metabolic split within the
dinosauria.

LN Jeff