Re: dinosaur inspiration

Rob Meyerson writes:

>At 12:07 PM 9/16/96 -0500, martin writes:

>I concentrate on the theropods for one reason, if we can determine the
>metabolism of the predators, we can safely assume a similar metabolism
>for the herbivores.

Not that I disagree with this, but what is your argument here?
Is it that if the predators' metabolism is high, the metabolism
of their prey has to be as high in order to have a chance of outrunning
them?  A counter-example would be modern predatory birds that
hunt snakes and other reptiles.

Achut Reddy                     So many fossils... so little time!
achut@troodon.isp.net