Re: dinosaur inspiration

At 04:35 PM 9/17/96 -0500, Terry D. Jones wrote:

>Therefore, if, as suggested by the question, dinosaurs were obligate mouth
>breathers and thereby maintained high ventilation rates, they would have
>increased both water and heat loss.

   But ... would it be significant enough to be a problem?  I imagine the
water loss would be, but give how big some of these puppies were, would the
principle of gigantothermy slow down heat loss from other sources?

** Picture Gallery, and The Dinosaur Mailing ** find they have none of    **
** List Omnipedia. http://www.dinosauria.com ** either." -- Jeff Poling   **