Re: Searchin' for Books

Rachel Clark wrote:

> The Rise of Life; John Reader; illustrated by John Gurche; hardcover
> with dust jacket preferred.

     I found a copy of this book in my local libraray, and got a company
that looks for elusive books to hunt for a copy for me.  They found me a
copy in wonderful condition, but it took over a year.
     For those of you who haven't seen this, it is chock full of really
excellent and imaginative John Gurche paintings that I have never
seen anywhere else.

> The Complete Illustrated Guide to Dinosaur Skeletons; Gregory S. Paul;
> hardcover is preferred.

    I'll second the request for information about this one.  I've never
even heared of it, but I want it.

     On the subject of dinosaur endothermy, Bakker's assertations about
the dominance of endotherms over ectotherms in large animal niches is the
aspect of his arguments that I have heared the least alternatives about.
Might this business about ectotherms increasing respiation with increased
oxygen whenras endotherms do not imply and advantage of ectotherms in
oxygen rich environments?

LN Jeff
0-