Re: Aussie ceratopians

I'm somewhat disturbed by the series of finds indicated on PaleoWorld.

If they reported accurately, Protoceratops was in Australia tens of
millions of years before previously believed.  I find it hard to
believe that this genus, part of a family which shows such explosive
diversity over a short span, should be stable for longer than the
space between Protoceratops and Triceratops.

It seems that every species produced on the show was either the
"earliest example" by half an age, or the "oldest example" of something
else by just as much.

All of this leads me to wonder just how accurately these finds have
been dated.

Mark

     __
    /  \     DEVIL'S TOWER is on the shelves
   /    \    Don't miss the preview at http://www.inlink.com/~range