oxy levels

Hi gang

It would seem to me and I think I read it somewhere that if the oxygen levels
were on the order of 30% or so then there would be mega forest fires that
would burn up much of the forest. That type of gross fire should leave a
record of ash/coke/et al that I would think would be observable in the fossil
record. Actually I think the source said so much would be burned up that
there would not be enough growth to support a large animal population.

comments?
paul