[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Ultimate Guide to the T-Rex (sic) [review]
Watched the show this morning on the Discovery channel.
I was impressed! It was well done, with high production values.
Instead of doing a traditional review however, I thought I would
do this one David Letterman style...
TOP TEN GOOD POINTS ABOUT "Ultimate Guide to the T-Rex"
10. The computer animation of a small Edmontosaur herd.
9. The "3D" Tyrannosaurid cladogram.
8. Two words: "Tim Holtz"
7. Horner's T. rex brain cast.
6. X-ray movies of emu and crocodile (alligator?)
5. Phil Currie rappelling down the side of a mountain to look at
4. The dry ice they put at the base of the Royal Tyrrell T. rex mount (*),
for a cool steamy effect.
(*) the 2nd best T. rex mount in the world, 1st being the one in
the Berkeley UCMP.
3. The Tyrannosaur footprint (*) at a "secret" New Mexico site
(*) The only known Tyrannosaur footprint in the world.
2. Ken Carpenter showing the Edmontosaur specimen with healed over
Tyrannosaur damage in the tail vertebrae (*)
(*) Probably the strongest evidence for T. rex as a non-scavenger.
1. No commercials!
Achut Reddy So many fossils... so little time!