Re: polarity of bipedality in dinosaurs

In a message dated 96-09-27 03:16:36 EDT, swf@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM (Stan
Friesen) writes:

> Thus the fact that *none* of the three (I believe that is the right
> count) specimens of _Compsognatus_

There are the holotypes of _C. longipes_ (German specimen) and _C.
corallestris_ (French specimen). One of the _Archaeopteryx_ specimens was
originally identified as _Compsognathus_ sp., but I'm as yet unaware of a
third real _C._ specimen. Some misc. small-theropod bones from Morocco(?) and
Thailand come to mind, but their referral to _C._ is very tentative. Can you
provide a reference to a third _C._?