Re: Ceratopsian frill size (was Re: DINOSAUR digest 71) (fwd)

LN Jeff wrote:

> There is, as far as I can see, no perfect, neat correlation between
> frill, predator size, and the likelyhood of a big frilled
> ceratopsian being the more common and likely lrge prey animal, but
> this is speculation that is hard to talk about without more in depth
> knowledge of Cretaceous ecology.
>
> LN Jeff

Ina ddition, take a look at the frills of some of these guys. In most
places, the frill of Torosaurus is less than 1" thick. Even with muscles,
skin, etc, a wimpy 1/2" of bone over your neck isn't going to do much
against the larger carnavores!

-Sherry