Re: Spinosaur paper, at last

At 04:34 PM 9/26/96 -0500, Tom Holtz writes:

>Spinosaurus maroccanus n. sp., known from three median cervical vertebrae,
>two dentary fragments, and a dorsal neural arch.  Dentary seems to have been
>only 3/4 the size of the type of S. aegyptiacus, but cervicals are longer.

Any word on whether they have enough to determine the posture of the
animal?  Rumor has it that Spinosaurus was *quadrepedal* (a first
among theropods), and I'm looking for a little verification.

Rob Meyerson
Orphan Vertebrate Paleontologist

***
"At least I thought that it imagined it was a glass of gin."
        -Ford Prefect; _Life, The Universe, and Everything_.