Re: Feduccia (was: polarity of bipedality in dinosaurs)

In a message dated 96-09-27 10:54:03 EDT, znc14@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Jonathan R.
Wagner) writes:

>  Homoplasy should weed itself out.  Also, I'm not even sure that all
> of these improvements can be made, although some of the morphometricists at
> TTU have a few things to say about the subject...

It's taking a precious long time for one of the key homoplasies to be
recognized as such in early theropods. I'm talking about loss of the forelimb
to quadrupedal locomotion. This happened over and over in the evolution of
giant flightless Cenozoic birds, and it certainly happened quite frequently
in the earlier theropods.