Re: Ceratopsian frill size (was Re: DINOSAUR digest 71)

[Once again, the quoted material seems not to have been sent to the
 list, but it seems harmless enough. -- MR ]

> //Btw, didn't the "duckbilled" dinosaurs have just as an impressive array of
> teeth as the ceratopsians?  They don't seem to have had any special
> attachments for muscles on their skulls, yet they seem to be accorded the
> "honor" of having chewed some pretty tough plant material while they lived.//

     I've often wondered why ceratopsians, with thier average sized jaws,
had such huge chewing muscles.  Why the killer bite?

LN Jeff
0-