Mongolian dinosaur inspires religion in grad student

        Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a minor religious experience
I had recently (no, George, I'm not a creationist...).  I was discussing
therizinosaurs with Peter Bucholz [did I misspell that again?], just going
on about whether they were ipedal or quadrapedal (does anyone know the
latest theory on this?), etc etc, when I realized I had never had a chance
to read through the entire Alxasaurus article.  Long story short, I read it,
and there sitting in black and white was a picture of...
        A DISTINCT "LIP" OR EXPANSION OF THE DORSAL MARGIN OF THE ARTICULAR
END OF THE MANUAL UNGUALS.
        This charachter is only found in (everyone?  Together now...)
oviraptors, and elmisaurs.  I am aware that there has been a lot of work in
recent years on the possibility of therizinosaurs being included in the
oviraptorsaurs (IMHO there is no reason to retain a taxon above the rank of
superfamily for this clade otherwise).  This new piece of evidence shocked
the heck out of me though.  I think we have a winner in the segnosaur-origin
game!
        Wagner
+-------------******ONCE AGAIN, NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADRESS******---------------+