Re: Classification of certain theropods?

Michael Keesey wrote:

>I'm trying to incorporate some of the more recent theropod finds into my
>on-line cladogram. Can anyone tell me where the following belong?
>
>Bagaraatan: (currently listed as a basal tetanurine)

Process running on departmental PowerMac while I type this: hope to clarify
before SVP.

>Neovenator: All I've heard so far is that it's a theropod. Anything more
>specific?

Allosauroid.  This is the Wealden allosauroid previously mentioned in
earlier postings of mine (and on my Carnosauria handout in class...)

>What's the word on this new Sigilmassasaurus?

Ditto (as with Bararaatan).  Still going through Stromer again to find
previous association between Carcharodontosaurus and "Spinosaurus B" material.

>Also, when are we going to get more information on the "proto-feathers"(?)
>in Pelecanimimus?

Nino?

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661

"There are some who call me...  Tim."
-- Tim the Enchanter, "Monty Python and Quest for the Holy Grail"

"Tim?!?  They called me TIM?!?!"
-- me, on seeing the credits to "The Ultimate Guide to T. rex"  :-)