Re: Irish trip

Robert Boscarelli wrote:

> Ireland ...I wondered if there were any interesting
> sites to visit. Any fossil or geology sites that are interesting would
> be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>                                Bob Boscarelli

I can't say for sure, but I believe the only vertebrate famous as
an Irish fossil is Megaloceros, the "Irish Elk."  It was, in fact,
neither an elk nor exclusively Irish, but they are superbly preserved in
the Irish peat, and there may be some nice stuff there about this
enormous deer.  They're found around Dublin for sure.  Can't speak for
other locations.

Have fun in Ireland,
Larry